17 May 2009

I Resolve to Lead by Example


"A leader leads by example, whether he intends to or not."- anonymous

As the school year comes to a close, I have been thinking a lot about leadership. I am surrounded by so many great examples--family members, friends, neighbors, schoolmates. I am constantly amazed at all they can accomplish. How do they do it?! I am so excited to attend the Governor's Honors Academy this summer and learn more about this important principle. Hopefully it will help me prepare for the many leadership positions I will hold this coming year. I have been inspired to become a better leader by the many examples I have to look up to. Many of these people may never know the influence they have had on me, but I certainly hope that I can use their wisdom, creativity, courage, and kindness to become a better leader myself.

4 comments:

Mabs said...

bailey, i see you as a leader already. :) thank you for YOUR example! i love you!

Jones Family said...

you are awesome.

i know one "young chi-dren" who thinks you are the best example ever! i'm thankful that my daughter has an amazing aunt to emulate.

Grandpa & Grammy said...

Your first steps to leadership have already been taken! Now the test is for you to enlarge on these steps. We have no doubt that the future will show that you are a great leader in anything that you set your mind too!!!

Sarah Jane said...

Thanks for your example Bay! You ALREADY are such a leader to me!