23 August 2010

COLLEGE. week one.

I'm here at S.U.U. and loving every minute! Here is a play by play of what i've been up to this past week. (pictures to follow)

SUNDAY: Arrived in Cedar City. Moved in, went to WalMart...all of the important stuff.

MONDAY: P.A. Retreat=sooo much fun. I LOVE ALL OF THE P.A.'s! It was great to get to know everyone. On Monday night we just played games up at the mountain center, watched Forever Strong (that was the theme of the retreat) and LAUGHED and LAUGHED and LAUGHED.

TUESDAY: Tuesday morning we woke up early and had initiation (complete with tiki torches) we walked out into the forest by the cabin and recieved a letter from a previous PA. Mine was from a lady named Nikki who was a P.A. in 1991-- part the first set of presidential ambassadors ever at SUU. Also on Tuesday we had a talent show where my group (called a task force) made up one of the best skits ever performed at a PA retreat! It was very fun.

WEDNESDAY: Courtney and I got back from the retreat and helped our roommate Jenna (the R.A.) decorate our hall before everyone else moved in. We also took a LONG nap to try and recover from sleeping on cement floors. That night we put together a Jonas Brothers puzzle and then went to bed early.

THURSDAY: The rest of my roommates moved in! Got to know all of them, we all get along and are great friends. Thursday night flight school started. We had a speaker and had campus tie dye! My shirt turned out really cool!

FRIDAY: More flight school. I got to participate in the T-Bird tradition of walking under the bell tower to be welcomed by tons and tons of faculty, administration, and students. The tradition is that now I am not allowed to walk under it until the day I graduate. Friday night we went to the institute dance and played with the P.A.'s

SATURDAY: Flight school again. Service projects and more speakers. We went to another dance and watched a movie, and then ended the day by staying up maybe a little too late (or should I say early) talking to the roomies.

SUNDAY: Woke up at 11 and Courtney and I made french toast. Then we went to my new ward and loved it! My bishop is Samoan and he is awesome. After church we made dinner (pasta and brown butter) and had Sunday dinner with the roommates followed by dessert at the Presidents house. It was great. Then we had a floor meeting in our apartment and went to sleep to prepare for the first day of school!

TODAY: My first day of school was very successful! I think I am going to love my advertising class. We have to make up an ad that introduces ourselves so I need to start brainstorming...if you think of any bright ideas let me know. Also, I tried out for choir today--the vocal professors really liked my voice and said they loved when non-music majors wanted to be in choir. All in all a great first day of college! I'm loving it!

So I'm sorry for rambling on forever. This post is partly for me to remember, and partly so all of you can know what I've been up to...even though you probably didn't need that much detail.

p.s. Mom, I haven't taken a first day of school picture yet but I definitely will on the front "porch" of my apartment.

8 comments:

aly said...

Just this morning Dad and I were wondering if all our school children would take a picture -on their first day of school . Dad says he will take a picture of me on my first day of preschool this year...just because.
Missing the excitement that the first day of school always brings!
Loved hearing about your week.
TTFN
KYW and
BRFB
Love mom

Unknown said...

sounds awesome, girl! I am so glad you are having fun. keep up the great work!

Jones Family said...

So good to hear the details! Glad you are having a blast! Hope popcorn day will take hold and you'll keep loving your classes. We love you!

Spence said...

Way to go Bagel! Of course they loved your voice... they'd have to be deaf. We're telling just about everyone that you're pretty much running SUU. So I hope you're keeping everyone in line there. Love you and think about you everysinglesolitary day. Love, Dad.

amy pace said...

Introduce yourself as BOLD! it's perfect for you.

Mabs said...

such a fun week that is awesome! :) love ya!

B&E said...

Sounds like fun! I am very jealous I miss Cedar! I will definitely come and visit you.

Sarah Jane said...

Girl! I miss you! So glad you are doing well! Sounds like a blast! I laughed out loud about the Jonas puzzle! You guys are so cool!