14 July 2011

it's true,

i love to watch cooking shows. it's probably a good thing i don't have cable because i would spend way too much time watching food network.

i especially love this one:


america's test kitchen is seriously the best cooking show out there. they make excellent recipes that don't have crazy gourmet ingredients that require you flying halfway across the world to buy. they use foods that people actually have in their pantry. the other awesome thing about ATK is that they develop each specific recipe and try it 50 different ways until they get the perfect one. it's like food science research. i watched an episode yesterday and the chef said it took them 6 weeks to come up with the perfect tomato sauce recipe. cool huh?
sorry. just had to give them a little shout out.

basically every night my dad and i watch these late night cooking shows on channel 11.3. we are WAY cool. and really good cooks after getting tips from the "pros". so come over sometime and we will open up our 300 something page america's test kitchen recipe book and make something scrumptious.

3 comments:

Jones Family said...

I'm coming over!

As you know, I'm also a huge ATK fan, as well as it's sister Cook's Country. The other night we were watching a chocolate cake episode and Jason said, "Will you make that for me, tomorrow?" Only bad thing: watching it at 11pm and getting hungry! :)

Unknown said...

I most recently discovered I've had cable ALL summmer! Am I addicted to food network?... YES!

Spence said...

Great post my all time ATK partner!