21 February 2010

quote of the day.

recently my good friend left this quote sitting on my desk in the yearbook room:

"then indecision brings its own delays, and days are lost lamenting o'er lost days. are you in earnest? seize this very minute; what you can do, or dream you can, begin it; boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
-Johann Wolfgang Mon Goethe

bold. i never knew what an impact that word would have on me. of course, bold has it's negative connotations, but i love thinking about it in this way:

bold |bōld|adjective1 (of a person, action, or idea) showing an ability to take risks; confident and courageous
little did i know, this word would perfectly depict my experiences as a senior. and it's not over yet. i hope i can continue to be BOLD in my future pursuits...

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Hehehe, was that person Aubrie? Just wondering :D! I love that quote and you know something girl you are a BOLD individual! I want to be you when I grow up!

Anna Lois said...

The missionaries for our ward live with me and last weekend one of their contacts came to church. When I asked who it was, they said it was Jennifer, this lady that I tried to fellowship last year. I mean, I truly tried. I helped her, talked to her, visited her again and again helped her, tried to persuade her to read the Book of Mormon, gave her food supplies when they were short of money! Then several other people took over the fellowshipping, but we have not been able to persuade her family to come. When I asked Sister Bowers how she did it, she said, I decided I had to just be BOLD. I told her that we couldn't really help her enough. She needed God's help and that would only happen when she started going to church.