28 June 2014

Fun Friday Night

Friday nights are the perfect time to get out and explore DC and last night was no exception. This time, some girlfriends and I went back to a tried and true favorite--Georgetown--to have a cupcake sampling extravaganza. But obviously, while we were there, we had to get a Good Stuff burger! (BEST BURGER EVER).

We then went to Georgetown Cupcake and Baked and Wired and bought some different cupcakes to sample:


I must say...Baked and Wired has beat out all other cupcakes I've sampled (so far) in DC. They were so yummy and had delicious, unique flavors. Like Morning Flapjack for example (yes, it's the one with bacon on the top), literally tastes just like pancakes and bacon breakfast! My personal favorite was the lemon raspberry cupcake.

 



We ate our cupcakes at this beautiful area by the canal that I absolutely loved.



 


After a fun evening in Georgetown, I thought it might be fun to walk down to the Lincoln Memorial because it's only about a mile away from the metro station we were headed to. (And after the amount of walking I do in DC a mile seems like nothing!) 







The mall is BEAUTIFUL at night, and it was perfect because it wasn't too hot or humid. We sat on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, looking out over the reflecting pool, Washington Monument and Capitol chatting and laughing for an hour or so before we headed home.

Friends+Cupcakes+Good Stuff Burgers+Georgetown+Lincoln Memorial= FUN FRIDAY NIGHT!

1 comment:

Jones Family said...

Those last picture are so beautiful! Friends + cupcakes= awesome.