24 August 2008

last day of summer

So I just spent one of my last nights working at the club. It's a little bittersweet to realize that summer is about to end and school is quickly approaching. And yes, I spent my last night of summer freedom watching people swim at the club. (I know... it was a small party.) While I was watching, I thought about my first day on the job and how nervous I was. I can still remember the family that was swimming, and I realized that that same family was in the pool tonight. I found it a funny coincidence, and it felt like everything had come full circle. I started with that family, and ended with them. It's been a fun summer working as a lifeguard, but I still wish that people would just clean up after themselves, not run, not hang on the rope, not hang on the diving board, and not play like they are drowning! Well-- I guess I'll have to try to work on it next summer.

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

And don't you wish that your job description didn't include the words "clean-up poop"? :) Start getting excited for the best junior year ever!

brynn said...

girl. I love you and that you clean up poop and that you save lives.

you're the BEST!