I thought since my sunglasses were the inspiration for this blog, it would be fitting to have the first post be about none other than the infamous lenses. Over the fourth of July, I obtained these awesome spectacles from my sister, and I've been wearing them ever since. I have spent the summer working at a neighborhood pool " The Evergreen Swim Club," and I LOVE it! I love watching the kids carefree and spunky personalities, the moms chatting, the lifeguards; it seems like everyone knows everyone! I think why I like it so much is the sense of community I feel when I'm working at the pool-- it gives me hope to know that there are still kids out there who want to play night games and go for a swim with their friends. Its not all about the video games! Four hours sitting out in the hot sun watching people swim gives me a lot of time to think, and one of the thoughts that kept running around in my head was that I should write about this summer and the experiences I've had "through the sunglasses." My family and both my sisters have been really into the blogging lately so I thought I would give it a shot. So here it goes: Here is my Life through the sunglasses!
07 August 2008
THE Sunglasses
I thought since my sunglasses were the inspiration for this blog, it would be fitting to have the first post be about none other than the infamous lenses. Over the fourth of July, I obtained these awesome spectacles from my sister, and I've been wearing them ever since. I have spent the summer working at a neighborhood pool " The Evergreen Swim Club," and I LOVE it! I love watching the kids carefree and spunky personalities, the moms chatting, the lifeguards; it seems like everyone knows everyone! I think why I like it so much is the sense of community I feel when I'm working at the pool-- it gives me hope to know that there are still kids out there who want to play night games and go for a swim with their friends. Its not all about the video games! Four hours sitting out in the hot sun watching people swim gives me a lot of time to think, and one of the thoughts that kept running around in my head was that I should write about this summer and the experiences I've had "through the sunglasses." My family and both my sisters have been really into the blogging lately so I thought I would give it a shot. So here it goes: Here is my Life through the sunglasses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looking forward to reading all of the escapades, wisdom, and sunglass philosophy from the ever-so-cool Bailz. You're the bomb!
Post a Comment