Well, I almost made it.
"Made what?" You might be asking yourself.
I almost made it four years without participating in that quintessential college experience everyone says is bound to happen at least once.
I almost proved that idea wrong.
Until yesterday.
My capstone paper was due today at 5pm. After a rough past week of late nights and slaving away all weekend (yes, I know I should have been slaving away all semester...kind of the point of a senior capstone paper...#procrastinationproblems), I felt confident I would have plenty of time to finish it up this weekend.
But, roughly five panic attacks and 1900 articles about Laura Bush later...
I finally pulled my first ever all-nighter. I'm lucky to have an office at the school--but being the only person in the student center at night can get a little long...
By the way, I would not recommend an all nighter to ANYONE. I don't know how people do it, I really don't. I'm exhausted. Physically and mentally.
But,
I MADE IT!
Now, here I am sitting in my bed at 10:30 at night, after the longest day of my life, but I just can't seem to fall asleep, because now that I'm not completely stressing over my paper, I'm now just coming to the realization that I GRADUATE IN 11 DAYS.
Just like my good friend James Taylor tells us, the secret of life is enjoying the passage of time. So, now it's time to sit back and enjoy the ride.
2 comments:
Congratulations, girl... you college graduate you! I'm sorry your paper was a painful experience, but at least your office is awesome. Love you!
you are awesome. really. loved hanging out with you and can't wait for your big grad day!!!
Post a Comment